A Structured Cabling system includes a whole system of cables and its related hardware, which delivers a complete telecommunication infrastructure and offers a platform on which the complete information system strategy is formed.
Structured cabling is the basis of any industry, administration or organizations’ IT infrastructure setup comprising of video, alarms, voice, data and the process transmitting data through the network.
Most of the organizations prefer to hire specialized contractors for handling the structured part in their premises. These contractors are generally called as Structured Cabling contractors.
There is a standard way of installing structured cabling systems in an area. Following a standardized way of installing these cables is very essential if one wants to ensure satisfactory performance of the systems in complex arrangements.
Every single structured cabling system is distinctive. This may due to the differences in:
- The products used for cable and connection
- The architectural set up of the building in which cables need to be installed
- The various functions of the cabling
- The types of equipments that the cabling installation has to support in present as well as in future
- Structure of a previously installed system
- Requirements of the customer
The various advantages of using a structured cabling are as follows:
- Faster, more consistent and economical communication
- Offers more flexibility for replacement
- Adjustable to future additions or improvements
- Guarantee better data encryption, storage and safety
Data and Voice:
Data cabling is basically the networking of cables that are used to transform data from one place to another. With the help of data cabling different users can communicate and analyse the data at a central point.
Voice cabling enables basic communications systems comprising of land-based phone lines, modems or analog lines. While setting up new voice cabling system, one should take proper care of installation and telecommunications compliance.
A fiber optic cable is a bundle of glass threads that are capable of communicating data modulated onto light waves. They are thinner, lighter, less vulnerable and have greater bandwidth than other cables.